Today I am just not feeling very positive. I started the day with a cup of coffee and paid the price; I was punished with heartburn that lasted all day. Excess acid is a surefire indicator that you are doing your digestion no good. No good at all.
I am making juicer pulp muffins. Visually, they are ugly. I didnt add any all purpose gluten free flour, and just used oat flour instead. They came out like hard little nuggets. They are high in fiber and taste pretty good.
I use any old morning glory muffin recipe (you can find dozens of em) and sub the sugar for Stevia, egg for flax and water (1:3 ratio with 1 tablespoon flax to 3 water). Even with 1 tablespoon baking powder and 2 baking soda, they did not rise. I always use unsweetened applesauce for butter or oil. This recipe is not critical, as the texture from the pulp disguises most any blemish, except the fact that I didnt use enough flour. They usually rise a little more. I want my muffins to have muffin tops!
Oh yea, those little dark dots are mini semi-sweet chocolate chips; another forbidden evolve food item. Man! I am on a role today, and not in a good way.
This detox is taking a toll on my mood. I am so critical and feel emotional today. I am not doing so well on this program; every time I turn around I find myself rebeling. At least I'm honest? phooey
I also made pho soup and rice vermicelli to go in it. Miso paste to the rescue. I will add tofu, bits of cilantro and maybe a slice of fresh jalepeno...but I dont have any bean sprouts, which I love with this soup. oh wel...I told you I'm not feeling it today. Bleh!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment