Monday, September 8, 2014

evolve day 2


Today I started the day off with my usual soy and oat pancake, but instead of the flax and water (egg sub) I used chia seed gel. What is this chia seed gel, you may ask. Well, it looks like I am incubating tadpole eggs! I use 4 tablespoons of chia seeds to 1/4 cup; it is basically a 1:1 ratio with one tablespoon of each. I 'incubate' them overnight in a old jelly jar inside the fridge. Each contain 4 servings, or 4 eggs. Now, get a hold of yourself, the beauty of this gel stuff is amazing! Its got 3g of protein, 5g of fiber (omg!!) And 4g good fats. Carbs? You might think that it would carb bomb you, as it sounds too good to be true...but it is...5g carbs. That is it. Wow and wow...I love you ancient Aztec people for cultivating this stuff.

If you're like me than you might say, oh phooey, its carby. If I was a competitive bodybuilder then I might be eating soy powder and water dough balls. But, give yourself a little break and take a carb. If i stay within 150g a day, then i'm not going to freak out. The purpose of carb is to give you long term energy. If you don't eat enough your body will start hoarding and you will not lose any weight. The body thinks it's famine time when not given enough calories. That is the #1 reason why women have a hard time losing weight (other than stuffing her face, the other end of the spectrum). 

Chia seed Gel




The other item I've eaten today is quinoa and shredded carrots with a little curry powder. It tastes divine and goes perfectly with my tofu jerky bites. 1 cup quinoa to 1.5 cup shredded food processor carrot, bring to boil and simmer for 20 mins...voila. 78 calories (this yields 4 servings) with 2.5g protein, 15g carb with an additional 2.8g fiber to boot. Quinoa has a little tail and a nutty flavor; It did not seem visually palatable, but the taste and benefits (over rice or wheat) are superb. The ancient Aztecs ate well, in my opinion. I ate this meal twice, once for lunch and once for a snack before hitting the gym. I lift weights and/or cardio for nearly 2 hours so if I don't eat early enough before Hot Vinyasa, I most likely would not make it to attend.


Ok. I admit. It's not gorgeous but it's nutritious. We are not emotional eating anymore. Once you get over eating for fun, then you won't suffer when you need to eat to nourish your body. Entertain the mind or live a stronger life. Easy decision for me to make. You don't NEED that cupcake. You will not die without that donut. 



No comments:

Post a Comment