Admittedly, Ive been messing up frequently on this detox. Hitting the almost halfway mark was the time of faltering. Not gonna lie, its been brutal. From a cupcake to a cup of coffee and now by-products from 'beta testing', I am not happy with my progress.
The one thing I can claim is the removal of flesh and meat. I have not touched meat since that nasty egg roll at my niece's baby shower. I have not eaten fish, although I feel that if Jesus ate it then its okay. I am struggling with choosing VIshnu or JC right now. Should I eat egg, should I not eat egg. Should I eat dairy or not. Its a toss us, for real. If i eat fish its once a month. But its going against the grain of my beliefs of a world with no suffering.
Today is Lentil Redemption day. I made a huge pot of curried lentil stew. I plan to eat this and my magic muffins for the next two days or until I cook up something new. I may have a salad later, just to get some variety.
Leeks, celary (whole thing) 10 oz brown lentils, 5 oz blackbeans (both raw) some evoo, 3 cubes of veggie boullion with 3 cups of water and hella seasonings: curry, cumin, greek, salt pepper corriander etc...
I did mention I am a curry freak? Oh yes.
Soak the beans overnight, then sautee leeks, add celary and water/boullion next..boil it...add beans and seasonings...boil it...and boil it...45 mins later you get this:
Nutrients, protein, hella fiber and low carbs. Woo hoo!
But there is a backstory....these devilish little pastries that make me feel guilty.....the other day I made pao de quejiro (brazillian cheese bread) for my husband. I am in the process of 'veganizing' these, as they are simply wonderful. Flexible too, i added garlic powder and use parmesan cheese as well as regular shredded chedder. Ive made several batches this weekend, as he demanded them repeatedly!
Google up a recipe, they are all basically the same on the internet. Ive looked at half a dozen and picked the smallest batch. No wonder these are often made in double, triple batches, as they get gobbled up quickly!
1 cup tapioca flour. 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 oil, an egg and then cheese or whatever else next.
You have to warm up the milk and oil together first to get them to 'bubble' and incorporate. I cheated and put the pyrex measuring up directly in the microwave at full power for 2 min.
Then mix this liquids with just the tapioca. Its gonna be sticky batter. Then add the egg. Obviously the milk will be almond for my upcoming vegan version. The egg, however is a levening and binding agent. Flax and chia did not work (it failed miserbly in my first attempt; gritty and ugly, they neither binded or leavened. I am looking at vegan wolf's website for suggestions. I have to mix oils, flour and baking powder to get a good combination...hold tight, its gonna be worth the wait and wasted ingredients)
Fold the cheese in. For a vegan version I have seen mashed potatos to replace the cheese. Will update as soon as I can experiment. Will use Nutritional Yeast here also.
I used a well oiled baking muffin tins. These little devils are sticky and hard to manuver into the cups. Little tiny 1-1.5" balls.
They are not good for you. Ok. I know...but they are impressive. I had to, for the sake of experimentation, eat several to taste. My evolve detox is wrecked at this point but since Im going vegan (and am about 90% at this point) then who cares If i mess up).
My lentils will redeem me for today. Wholesome, innocent and righteous lentils will save me.










No comments:
Post a Comment