Monday, September 15, 2014

evolve day 9


So you notice there is no Day 8 post. I had to attend a baby shower yesterday, my nineteen year old niece is heavily gestating her first baby and a celebratory event was in order. Celebratory is a loose term for the party, as some might argue our family is a little sad by this teen pregnancy. 

But, what is really sad is the state of my guts this morning, after all the rich and forbidden foods. Yes, I ate dairy. Yes, I ate sugar, and lots of it. Yes, I drank wine. Overall, I have violated every rule in Evolve detox program. 

Gonna kick start back with a cauliflower leek soup and plan for my usual 3 hour workout: 2 hours weights and 1 hour hot vinyasa. I did, however, go to the park yesterday before the festivities and had gotten my 6 mile run in before the debacuheries started, so all is not lost.


This is my first encounter with a leek. Looks like a gigantic scallion. I often use cauliflower to 'fake' rice...my husband thought it was real rice once I food process this white veg into itty bitty pieces.


Six cups water, a couple veggie boullion cubes, some cumin, Cavendars Greek seasoning (love this stuff), dried marjorum herb, a good healthy leek and half a cauliflower. I didnt make a huge batch because Ive got so many leftovers and a take home bag from the party. 


Boil all this goodness down. It smells so divine. Then, youre gonna put in a blender for 2-3 mins (hold onto that blender with both hands, the lid wanted to jump off because the spinning was so strong!)


If it were a perfect world, all delicious things would only be 63 belly filling calories with fiber and protein to boot. Alas, it is cruel that not all things can be good and good for you simultaneously. This soup is not the norm! 


im going to do my penance hardcore for the rest of this week to make up for faltering during the party. Did I mention I ate a cupcake? It was made with eggs and butter...and frosting too. What was I thinking? My guilt is stifling as I hold the tears back and choke on my digressions. 





No comments:

Post a Comment