Tuesday, September 23, 2014

evolve day 13


I am posting this on day 16, actually. Since my first two days at LifePower yoga teacher training, I have been playing catch up. Those two days took it out of me, as they were very physical, and the second day long and arduous.

Friday at class we actually started teaching. Tell you what, I have a new-found respect for my instructors, as this is NOT as easy as it seems. You have to verbally communicate, in a certain order, what they have to do and what to focus on. Its easy to get lost and fuddle up, forget or just simply stumble over words.

I pre made a TON of these red lentil burgers to make it through the weekend. They yielded a dozen and I kept extra rolls in the fridge and freezer. They are just like ground round. 



Shred to death carrots, red bell pepper, leeks or onions. Sautee the onions until they are soft and then add everything else. Sesason this generously. I, of course, used curry and cumin along with salt and pepper, greek seasoning etc...

The lentils cook in a separate pot. Cover with water until just past the top of the beans. They turn mushy and are awesome for forming patties, no grinding or food processing needed. If you made green, french or brown lentils, i imagine you would have to process them to get the beans to mush up.









I also made a sort of 'Magic Muffin' or microwave muffin to replace my soy chia pancakes (and those pancakes replaced my two a day whey protein shake, that supplements my massive protein intake). I just got tired of busting out the pan to cook them. I have sillicone cupcake liners that work great for this. 

I nuke it at 50% power, 40 seconds for 1/2 filled cup or heaping tablespoon full.

8 tablespoons oat flour
16 tablespoons soy protein powder
2 tablespoons ground chia (egg replacement)
1 cup almond 'buttermilk' (1 tablespoon vinegar and fill to 1 cup with milk substitute, you can use soy or whatever)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
dash cinnamon
dash vanilla extract
10 packets stevia 

Its not pretty but its got hella protein and low carbs


Mix oat, soy, stevia, cinnamon, baking soda and powder together. blend well

Make buttermilk. Let it sit for 10 mins or so. Then add ground chia. Its gonna get thick and then get thicker. Make sure you mix it well initially so you dont get a ball of chia hiding in the soy buttermilk.


Mix that bad boy up good.


The chia is very sticky. Its hard to get it cleaned off the grinder.


Portable, ugly, tasty though and easy to cook up...I leave the batter in the fridge and nuke as needed. The fiber is phenomenal.

These two foods sustained me through two days of training. I constantly graze so foods I can grab and eat without being conspicuous is helpful. We did get meal breaks but I dont sit and eat a large quantity. I am weird like that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment