Wednesday, September 10, 2014

evolve day 4

What a mess. I made vegan tzatziki sauce today to spice up my felafels. Soft tofu, fresh lemon, a honking piece of garlic, cucumber sans seeds and skin, a couple tablespoons of olive oil (evoo) and dried dill. Usually it is made with greek yogurt, but the tofu makes it vegan and its got protein too. Yep, still hung up on getting enough protein. 




The olive oil goes in last.


Here are the felafels in the skillet.


Today's dehydrated foods: clockwise from top: tofu, apples, banana, pears and eggplant. I found two little eggplants in my moms yard so I sliced them with my instrument of torture mandolin. 


I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond for $15. It was pricey but it slices paper thin and reduces the drying time. I've used this a lot, actually. Take your time and use the holder platter thingie. The blade is sharp. 

Reminds me of Hostel (2005, Tarrintino). All you need to do is simply show the devices to envoke terror and anxiety. 




No comments:

Post a Comment